Just like people, dogs also enjoy going for rides, getting some fresh air and feel the wind through their hair! I personally know how horrible I feel when I leave my dog home alone on a beautiful sunny day. I have gathered a list for all my fur families out there places in Southeastern Massachusetts where you, your family and your dog can have fun:
- Gooseberry Island located in Westport Ma
- Fort Phoenix State Reservation located in Fairhaven Ma
- Lloyd Center off leash trails located in South Dartmouth Ma
- Jose Silva Memorial Dog Park located in Fall River Ma
- Slocum River Reserve located in Dartmouth Ma
- Buttonwood Park located in New Bedford Ma
After enjoying a family fun day with at one of the places list above, head down for some nice, cold refreshing ice cream for the whole family; yes… you read that right the WHOLE family including your dog! Clark’s Point Creamery located on 26 Block Ave. New Bedford Ma has created yummy ice cream for dogs!
Next time you are thinking about something to do on a day off or simply something to do on the weekend, bring your dog and enjoy the family all together!
Lastly please remember to not leave your dog in a hot car. Thank you.