Bummed Oktoberfest has passed? Wonder where all the brews have gone...
Southeastern Massachusetts still boasts plenty of places to savor that special beer whether it's a nano-brewery or tavern. Here are a few of our favorites based on the all-important drinking environment, selection and, of course, taste. Let's start with a nano-brewery in Berkley..
- Berkley Beer Company - Besides loving their tagline, Waste Not. Want Another, we applaud this nano-brewery tucked away in the bucolic countryside of Berkley for its hand-crafted quality product. Plus it has pretty good distribution.
- Battleship Brewhouse - We also love one of the places that serve Berkley Beer on-premise, along with many others -101 President Avenue, Fall River, MA, 508 -675-4889
- Rose Alley Ale House - Located in the Historic District in Downtown New Bedford, this pub is a beer-lovers' dream. Don't miss their famous Beer Summit Event where YOU chose the brews from a great local brewer and sample great food. Nov. 28th features Harpoon Brewery and Dec 28th shocases Dogfish Head Brewery - 94 Front Street, New Bedford, MA 508-858-5123
- Bog Iron Brewing - Specializes in ales and lagers with a taproom for tasting open on Wed. from 4pm -9pm and Sat. from 10am - 6pm - 33 West Main Street, Unit F, Norton, MA 508 952-0555
- Buzzards Bay Brewing - This SouthCoast favorite has a taproom with a bonus - around the corner is Westport Rivers Winery! - 98 Horseneck Road, Westport, MA 508 636-2288
For more Massachusetts indulgence in great craft brews (and a chance to win some great prizes) visit the Massachusetts Craft Brewers Trail presented by the Massachusetts Brewers Guild